Whether you’re helping a friend, your child, or a high school student you’re mentoring, your investment in their life after high school matters. Take a look at these nine resources that can make your investment even stronger.
1. Ontario Scholarships and Western Canada Scholarships || These scholarships are designed to encourage a healthy transition to post-secondary, both by offering funds and by facilitating connections to the faith communities on campus. Closing dates are soon, so be sure to send this along right away!
2. 5 Pivotal Decisions You’ll Face During Your First Year of University || Your students are about to enter a season of immense opportunity. How will they make the most of it? Thinking through those decisions now may help.
3. Let’s Deconstruct “Deconstruction” || Do you know someone facing a “mid-faith crisis”? Many young adults are deciding to deconstruct their faith, often times to a less than exciting result. Help them know that they’re not alone, and encourage them to find answers with others.
4. I Almost Walked Away From My Faith || This is Sarah’s story of re-framing her faith. Instead of deconstructing, she “renovates.”
5. How to Handle Change || Transitions are naturally messy. Whenever change happens, a mix of emotions will inevitably ensue. Help your students navigate these emotions well.
6. How to Help Your Child Succeed Spiritually While in University || Written from a parent’s perspective, this article has tips for anyone who cares for youth.
7. Mentorship Conversation Cards || Designed to be used during a student’s last year of high school and into the first months of post-secondary. Let these simple (and free!) cards guide your conversations about their life and faith.
8. 3 Myths I Fell For in University || Busting these myths ahead of time can help your student walk out their faith journey in university/college.
One of the great ways you can support your students in this season is by connecting them to great scholarship funding. For example, our friends over at Power to Change – Students are offering a NEXT Steps Scholarship for those heading off to post-secondary in Ontario and the Impact Award for students going to school in Western Canada.
You should also access to our on-demand webinar all about helping students carry on their faith after graduation. More tools, ideas, giveaways, and Q&A will be provided. Find it here.
Lastly, you can send this link to the families of graduates. Power to Change – Students are offering a webinar specifically about preparing for College/University for them!